Last Revised: August 23, 2019
Collection of Information
Information We Collect Directly From Parents
We collect information that you directly provide to us, such as when you create a parent account, add a co-parent, create a child account, request our newsletter, enter a contest, post a photo or video, leave feedback, send a message, request customer support, send us an email, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect from parents include name, display name, email, country, state/province, pin number, photograph, child's full name, child birth month and year, child pin number, and other information parents choose to provide, such as a profile photograph for their child. In addition, when parents use Kinzoo, we also collect any audio, videos, photographs, and messages they post in any communications they send, along with any information provided in or in connection with any of the foregoing.
Information We Collect Directly From Children
We collect information, including personal information, directly from children when they use Kinzoo to send communications, leave feedback, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include photographs, audio, andvideos (which are considered personal information under COPPA), messages, and any information, including personal information, they choose to include in any communications they send. We may also collect pin numbers and photos from children if they update their profile.
Information We Collect Automatically
When parents or children access or use the Kinzoo Service, we automatically collect information, including:
- Log Information: We log information about use of the Kinzoo Service , including the type of browser used, access times, pages viewed, IP address, and the page visited before navigating to the Kinzoo Service.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile devices used to access the Kinzoo Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to user computers or mobile devices. Cookies are small data files stored on a hard drive or in device memory that helps us to analyze and improve the Kinzoo Service and the user experience, see which areas and features of the Kinzoo Service are popular, and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the Kinzoo Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Kinzoo Service.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect from parents and children to provide, maintain, analyze, and improve the Kinzoo Service, including to:
- Facilitate the use of the Kinzoo;
- Provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Kinzoo Service, and personalize and improve the Kinzoo Service; and
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Kinzoo and others
In addition, Kinzoo may use also information collected from parents to:
- Obtain parental consent and to create your parent account;
- Administer your account and send you notifications, confirmations, updates, product announcements, security alerts, technical notices, and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, notify you about important changes to the Kinzoo Service and its terms and policies, and otherwise facilitate or contact you about your or your children's use of the Kinzoo Service;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Kinzoo and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe their actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or as we believe is appropriate to protect the rights, property and safety of Kinzoo, our users, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of Kinzoo;
- With respect to information collected from parents, we may share such information with such parent's consent or at their direction;
- The first and last name and profile photograph of a child or adult user may be viewable by other users of Kinzoo
- The content of any communications sent by the user will be viewable by the person to whom the communication is sent (and if the recipient is a child, that child's parents). For children, communications may only be sent to users who have been approved by parents as "Contacts" (in accordance with the parent approval and notification process for Contacts with children); and
- We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not constitute personal information, such as sharing analytics and other aggregate information about users' activities on that do not contain any personal information.
Does Kinzoo enable children to make personal information publicly available?
The Kinzoo Service enables children to share their first and last name and profile photograph with other users, and to share communications (which may include messages, photos, audio, video, and other personal information they choose to share in any communications) with other users who have been added as a "Contacts" (in accordance with the parent approval and notification process). The foregoing information will also be available to parents of Contacts that are children.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Kinzoo is based in Canada and we process and store information in Canada and the United States. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
Your Rights and Choices
Parental Rights Regarding Children's Information
In accordance with COPPA, you have the right to review or have deleted your child's personal information, and you may refuse to permit further collection or use of your child's personal information. You may do this by emailing us at email@example.com.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Kinzoo by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Parents may update or correct information about them at any time by logging into their parent account. Parents may also delete their accounts and their child's accounts) by going to their Settings and choosing the option to delete the account, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts relating to activities on the Kinzoo Service to your or your child's mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your or your child's mobile device.
Kinzoo is the operator of the Kinzoo Service and may be contacted as follows
Kinzoo Technologies, Inc.
1066 – 999 W Hastings St
Vancouver, BC V6C 2W2
Tel: (604) 868-9719