Last Revised: January 20, 2020
Collection of Information
Kinzoo is a communication service. To operate the Service, we may collect Personal Information you choose to provide us.
Information we collect directly from Parents:
- Account management and profile information: we collect information from parents when they create a parent account, add another parent/legal guardian or create a child account, request our newsletter, enter a contest, request customer support, leave feedback or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include name, display name, email, country, state/province, pin number, profile photo, child’s full name, child’s birth month and year, child’s pin number, and other information parents choose to provide, such as a profile photo for their child.
- Content: We collect information from parents when they use the App, such as photographs, audio messages, videos, text messages, and any other information they choose to include in any communications they send.
Information we collect directly from Children:
- Account management and profile information: we collect information from children when they update their account and profile, such as pin numbers and profile photos. We also collect feedback which children may submit to us in anonymous form.
- Content: We collect information from children when they use the App, such as photographs, audio messages, videos (which are considered personal information under COPPA), text messages, and any other information they choose to include in any communications they send.
Information we collect automatically:
- Log and Usage Data: We may collect log and usage data relating to a user’s use of the App, such as a user’s device information and information about a user’s activities on the App.
Information we collect directly:
When users visit our website located at kinzoo.com, we may collect information they submit to us directly through the site, such as their email address if they request information about Kinzoo.
Information we collect automatically:
- Log Information: We automatically log information about use of the website, including the type of browser used, access times, pages viewed, and IP address.
- Device Information: We automatically collect information about the computer or mobile devices used to access the website, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to user computers or mobile devices. Cookies are small data files stored on a hard drive or in device memory that helps us to analyze and improve the website and the user experience, see which areas and features of the website are popular, and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the website or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information on how to disable cookies, please see “Your Choices” below.
For individuals who otherwise interact with us, whether in person, on the website, by phone or email, through social media or otherwise, including individuals who request information about Kinzoo products or services, who sign-up to receive newsletters or other communications, or who enter a contest or respond to surveys and questionnaires, we may collect information they provide to us during these interactions. This information may include name, e-mail address and other contact information.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect from parents and children in the App to provide, maintain, analyze, and improve Kinzoo products and services, including to:
- Facilitate the use of the App;
- Provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the App, and personalize and improve the App; and
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Kinzoo and others.
We may use also information collected from parents in the App, or from individuals on our website or sources other than the App to:
- Obtain parental consent and to create your parent account;
- Administer your account and send you notifications, confirmations, updates, product announcements, security alerts, technical notices, and administrative messages;
- Provide customer service;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, notify you about important changes to the App and its terms and policies, and otherwise facilitate or contact you about your or your children’s use of the App;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our website, products and services, and personalize and improve our website, products and services;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Kinzoo and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Kinzoo and others; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which consent is obtained, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe an individual’s actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or as we believe is appropriate to protect the rights, property and safety of Kinzoo, our users, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of Kinzoo;
- We may share aggregated or anonymized information that does not constitute personal information, such as sharing analytics and other aggregate information about users’ activities that do not contain any personal information; and
- For any other purpose for which consent is obtained, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
With respect to the App, information submitted by users through the App may be viewable by other users as follows:
- The first and last name and profile photograph of a child or adult user may be viewable by other users of the App; and
- The content of any communications sent by a user will be viewable by the user(s) to whom the communication is sent. For children, communications may only be sent to users who have been approved by parents as “Contacts” (in accordance with the parent approval and notification process for Contacts with children).
Does the Kinzoo App enable children to make personal information publicly available?
The App enables children to share their first and last name and profile photograph with other users, and to share communications (which may include messages, photos, audio, video, and other personal information they choose to share in any communications) with other users who have been added as “Contacts” (in accordance with the parent approval and notification process). The foregoing information will also be available to parents of Contacts that are children.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Kinzoo is based in Canada and we process and store information in Canada and the United States. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. While such information is outside of your home jurisdiction, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is located, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
Your Rights and Choices
Parental Rights Regarding Children’s Information
In accordance with COPPA, parents have the right to review or have deleted their child’s personal information, and may refuse to permit further collection or use of their child’s personal information. Parents may do this by using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below. We may require that parents provide sufficient identification to fulfill their request.
Rights of Individuals Regarding Personal Information
You may request to review, update or correct any personal information we have about you, and we will seek to comply with your request to the extent required by law. You may do this by using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below. We may require that you provide sufficient identification to fulfill your request.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Kinzoo by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails or by using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
You can configure your browser to block cookies on our website. See your browser’s help files for more information. You should note, however, that without cookies some of our website’s functions may not be available.
Parents may update or correct information about them at any time by logging into their parent account. Parents may also delete their accounts and their child’s accounts) by going to their Settings and choosing the option to delete the account, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts relating to activities on the App to your or your child’s mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your or your child’s mobile device.
We will use, disclose or retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that personal information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your personal information. If we provide your information to service providers, we require that the service providers maintain the confidentiality of your personal information and keep your personal information secure. We also require that they only use your personal information for the limited purposes for which it is provided. In some circumstances, we may permit our service providers to retain aggregated, anonymized or statistical information that does not identify you.
Any comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your personal information or our privacy practices may be sent to our Privacy Officer as follows:
Attention: Privacy Officer Kinzoo Technologies, Inc. 1066 – 999 W Hastings St Vancouver, BC V6C 2W2 Tel: (604) 706-0999 firstname.lastname@example.org